Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hiking, an Award, and a Hop!

Hi All,

It's a lovely Sunday morning and I HURT ALL OVER!!  I went hiking yesterday to the Cascades (beautiful waterfall in Giles County, Virginia), and my knees hate me.  However, it was very pretty and I did have a good time, so it was worth it.



Anyway, I have a few shout outs to throw out.  I wan to say THANK YOU to Taylor over at Baking, Crafting, Teaching...Oh My! for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award!


The rules are to:
  1. Thank the person who gave you this award (DONE!)
  2. Link back to them (DONE!)
  3. Select 15 awesome blogs to give it to (well, 7)
  4. Let them know they won the award (right after this)
  5. Tell those you awarded seven things about yourself (YUP!)
Because I am super new to this, many people already have this award, so I will try to find as many as I can to award this to!  Second, since I did a lovely Tell Me More linky party with Amy last week, I will just send them a link :)  Here we go!
  1. Courtney at Classroom Snapshots
  2. Stephanie at The Secret Life of a Teacher
  3. Courtney at Flocking to Fifth
  4. Ashley at That's So Second Grade 
  5. Jeannie at Classroom Couture
  6. From the Desk of... 
  7. Kerri and Lindsay at Teacher Bits & Bobs
That's it, I'm stopping at seven...that took almost an hour!  Anyway, congratulations you guys!

Next up is a Blog Hop!  Kelley at Teacher Idea Factory is having a Rocking Resources: Things you can't Live Without Linky Party.



So here goes....

Things I can't live without.....

1. Felt Tipped Pens - I love these pens!  They are great for grading, drawing, writing, etc.!  They don't bleed through papers or stay on hands too long!  I always buy 2 or 3 packs a year, because I keep losing them!



2. Paper Cutter - I really can't live without this!  It saves so much time cutting out things.



3. Laminator - Again, I don't what I would do without this.  I don't even know how much time I spend laminating and cutting things out in front of the TV.



4. Agenda/Lesson Planner - I would be lost without this thing.  I've had my kids scour the room looking for "Mrs. Love's agenda!"



5. Scholastic Printables - In a pinch or need work fast for a sub, these are perfect.  You can find just about anything here!




What can't you live without?


 me teach good's TpT Store

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up! You list is fantastic . . . great resources for sure. I am right there with you laminator and the paper cutter. I have both of these at home!! They save so much time. Thanks again.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award. Your blog is great. I love finding other 5th grade teachers. I'm a new follower now. AND, hello, FELT TIP PENS = amazing. :)

    Courtney

    flockingtofifth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, yes. The Felt tip pens!!! I just got some new LIQUID felt tip pens, and they are AMAZING! AND the paper chopper--all my teammates live in my room b/c of it!

    I have been wanting to buy my own laminator ever since our principal put ours on lock-down. Does it get super expensive? I am dying to get one, and I can feel myself caving, lol!

    P.S. CUTEST. BLOG. EVER. I'm your newest follower!

    -Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not that bad if you can get one on sale.

      There's one on Staples' webpage for $59.99 right now.

      Go and check it out! They're wonderful to have on hand.

      Lilian

      Delete
  4. Your blog is beautiful! I love it! =)

    I think I might need a laminator too!

    I am a new follower to your ADORABLE blog. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and read about our Hug your Heart jar. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following me you guys!

    Lilian

    ReplyDelete

Lilian
me teach good