Okay, so I saw that Amy over at Step Into 2nd Grade is doing a linky party. Okay so here goes....
1. I am currently teaching in Stafford County, Virginia, BUT my husband is a doctoral student at Radford University in, wait for it, Radford, Virginia. So driving 8 hours (4 down and 4 up), every two weeks is getting very, very old.
2. My food cannot touch each other on my plate. It cannot be done. If I have two items that have sauce on them, I put a row of rice in the middle so the sauces do not touch one another. My husband bought this for me :)
|a monkey divided plate :)|
3. I love, love, love Virginia Tech Hokies! I started college there and I will finish it there as well (hopefully)! I'm going to get my doctorate there sometime in the near future. I love college football because of them! I bleed orange and maroon! I cannot wait for fall to watch them play!!
|Sue (a good friend), me, and John (my brother) at a VT vs. BC Game|
5. I don't like going into the ocean past my knees. If the water hits my kneecaps, then that's it; I'm not going any further. I think it's because I can't see the ground and that bothers me.
|Apparently, Aster didn't think too much of the ocean either.|
6. I don't like feet touching me. I don't know why either. I don't mind my feet, just don't really care for other people's feet near me.
7. I adore Harry Potter and anything about Harry Potter! Check my Pinterest page if you don't believe me. I think I might actually love it more than HOKIE Football?
Harry Potter rates 2 pictures :)
8. I am love with this one mystery series set in the Victorian era. It's the Amelia Peabody Emerson series; I have read the whole series (20 books in all) at least 15 times since 2004, if not more. It's about a family of Egyptologists who solve mysteries in Egypt. I've learned a lot about Ancient Egypt through these books. Mike is demanding that I read something else, like Game of Thrones :)
9. I am truly an ambidextrous person; I was born left-handed, but because I am Chinese and they frown upon these things, my parents made me learn to write with my right hand before school began. However, I still use my left hand for most things. I can actually do most things with both, but I only write with my right hand. Funny though, when I started teaching, I would only write on the board with my left hand and still do.
10. I am mildly claustrophobic. If I am in an elevator, I will look around to find the best way to get out of it if it were to get stuck. If there is more than 4 people in the elevator, I will stand as close to the door as humanly possible and not look behind me.
11. I spell my name in the British fashion. My dad had a bunch of grammar books written in British English. My name came from those books; so, I spell my name with only one "L" in the middle and not two. Best story ever...so I went to Kindergarten knowing how to spell my name with one "L." My teacher told me I was spelling it wrong; my name had two "Ls" in the middle. So I thought, my teacher must be right; it has two in the middle. A couple months later, I'm writing my name on something and my brother, John, says, "You're writing your name wrong." I said, "No, my teacher says it has one "L" in the middle." He explained that she was wrong. So I had been writing my own name wrong for months! It's amazing how many people don't notice this even if my name is right there for them to see.
12. My husband, Mike, is the only person I can sit in a room with, not talk at all, and be completely comfortable. We laugh at the same things and have the same dry sense of humor. It's kinda scary at times how well we get along.
Last (for now), but not least...
13. I love cop shows, NCIS, NCIS LA, Covert Affairs, Bones, Law & Order: SVU, The Closer, whatever, bring it on! I'll watch it.
Okay, now I'm sure you probably think I'm crazy, but I'm not really. :)